When we are no longer able to change a situation,
we are challenged to change ourselves.”
– Victor Frankl
In individual counseling, clients talk about different aspects of their lives and difficulties they may be having in solving some of their problems.Therapy can provide a safe place to share your deepest thoughts and feelings without judgment.
Through the use of a variety of approaches such as psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral and attachment theory, I offer a warm, accepting environment for the disclosure of emotions, experiences and secrets that may be difficult to discuss or have been held inside. Throughout our work together, we will bring awareness and light to the areas of your life where you feel stuck.
Therapy can be a place to unravel your life story in order to “make sense” of it. The weaving of past stories, events, feelings and traumas, with current emotions, patterns, stressors and events will enable you to integrate the past with the present.
“We should all have the courage it takes to turn darkness into light. “
– Rabbi Jack Cohen
Many people come to psychotherapy not knowing what to expect and where to begin. Some of the things that we may discuss include:
- The core beliefs and feelings you have about yourself and others
- The way that these core beliefs and feelings developed and the way that they may cause you suffering and distress
- The connection between your past experiences and present day behaviors
- How to cultivate self-acceptance, inner strengthand the ability to make healthier choices
- Who you would like to be and your goals
- The obstacles which prevent you from living your life more fully